This is Me

                                      On the peyote ... Jane Fonda, left, and Lily Tomlin in Grace and Frankie,.
(Image: www.theguardian.com)

Grace is my spirit animal.
Frankie is my spirit animal.

In the opening credits, they play "Stuck in the Middle". I’d like to live Frankie’s free-spirited life, yet I cling to comfort and stability like Grace’s heavily-sprayed locks cling to her head. My heart longs to be open and wild, but my head demands safety. Stuck in the middle.

I’m watching “This is Us” as I write, and yes, I love that it makes me melancholy, happy/sad and pensive. But it isn’t US. And, to be fair, neither is “Grace and Frankie”, but it’s the future, and most of “Us” is about looking back-or forward, but from a younger perspective.

I’m a fan of the hope G&F awakens in me, the idea that there is so much more to live, and discover, and do. I’m a fan because they continue to triumph over adversities that, if we’re lucky enough to live so long, may also be ours.

I want my older-age to be secure, but I also long for the joy and adventure that the “f**k it” phase promises-if I allow it. Am I bold enough?  Strong enough?  Smart enough?

I freaking well hope so.



Comments

  1. It was great to see you in Fort Worth and I love your posts and writings! So relevant. ♥️ Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I hope to see you and your beautiful family again soon under happier circumstances! Thanks for reading 😘

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts